AUD/USD managed to reconquer an important line that served as resistance, and it now settles above it, as risk appetite is back in town. How will it close the week? Here’s a quick update on technicals, fundamentals and community trends.
- Thursday session: The Aussie managed to break higher, settling above 0.9863.
- Current Range: 0.9863 to 0.9915
- Further levels in both directions: Below 0.9863, 0.9750, 0.9660. Above 0.9915, 1.0000, 1.0080, 1.0180, 1.0220, 1.03.
- The barrier above, 0.9915 is minor in comparison with the next one above – AUD/USD parity.
- Significant support is at 0.9660.
All times are GMT. Most important events emphasized.
- 13:30 US Unemployment Claims. Exp. 442K. Actual 439K.
- 15:00 US Philly Fed Manufacturing Index. Exp. 5.1. Actual 22.5. Big surprise didn’t bother the Aussie.
- Friday, 10:15 Ben Bernanke talks.